29 Nov Arugula, Roasted Beet & Citrus Salad
There’s nothing like a delicious salad. The roasted beets, walnuts, and citrus make this one mouth watering. Enjoy!
ARUGULA, ROASTED BEET & CITRUS SALAD
PREP TIME: 45-60 minutes to roast beets and prepare salad
YIELD: 4 servings
4 medium sized beets, roasted and quartered
¼ cup balsamic vinegar
1 tbsp. honey (optional)
1/3 cup olive oil plus oil for beets
Pinch sea salt
½ cup toasted walnuts, coarsely chopped
6 cups fresh arugula
2 tangerines or small oranges, peeled and separated
1 avocado, peeled, pitted and cubed
Sprouts of choice
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Coat beets lightly with oil.
3. Wraps beets in aluminum foil, and place in oven.
4. Roast until fully cooked (45-60 minutes).
5. Remove beets from the oven and let cool for 10 minutes. Rinse with cold water and then peel the skins off and quarter.
6. Optional: sprinkle with sea salt.
7. While beets are cooking, coarsely chop up your walnuts.
8. Heat a frying pan on med/low and toast the walnuts, stirring frequently until lightly browned.
9. Remove from pan and let cool.
10. Whisk the vinegar, honey and oil with a pinch of sea salt in a medium bowl for your dressing.
11. Plate your arugula, beets, oranges, avocado, toasted walnuts and sprouts.
12. Top with your dressing and enjoy!
Hi there! The content and photos on this site are copyright protected. Please ask for written permission if you would like to use our photos and please provide a link back to the blog if you wish to share or alter the recipes in any way. Thank you!