06 Sep Fennel, Leek & Potato Soup
This creamy soup is great on a chilly fall day. It’s robust with flavor and super healthy. If you can’t eat potatoes, sub them for celeriac root. It’s just as yummy.
FENNEL, LEEK & POTATO SOUP
PREP TIME: 10 minutes
COOKING TIME: 55 minutes
YIELD: 4-6 servings
2 tbsp. olive oil
1 medium onion finely chopped
2 cloves garlic finely chopped
2 leeks diced
2 fennel bulbs diced
2 large potatoes diced
4 cups chicken stock or water
2 tsp. sea salt
1. Chop the onion and garlic and dice the leeks, fennel, and potatoes.
2. In a large pot, over medium heat, add the olive oil, onion and garlic.
3. Saute for 8 minutes, stirring frequently.
4. Add in the leeks, fennel bulbs, potatoes, and sea salt.
5. Stir well and sauté for another 8 minutes.
6. Add the chicken stock or water.
7. Bring to a boil and then simmer for 30 minutes.
8. Remove 4 cups of the soup and blend well in a blender.
9. Return the blended mixture to the soup pot and stir well.
10. Serve in bowls and enjoy!
Hi there! The content and photos on this site are copyright protected. Please ask for written permission if you would like to use our photos and please provide a link back to the blog if you wish to share or alter the recipes in any way. Thank you!