27 Dec Moroccan Cauliflower Rice
Brown rice was a go to in my family for years. When we had to eliminate grain from our diet, I didn’t know what we were going to replace it with. Discovering cauliflower rice was a blessing. My creativity led me to create Moroccan cauliflower rice that my family loves. I hope you will too.
MOROCCAN CAULIFLOWER RICE
PREP TIME: 15 minutes
COOKING TIME: 20 minutes
YIELD: 4 servings
1 head cauliflower
½ cup sliced or chopped almonds (*omit if you can’t eat nuts)
2 tbsp. coconut oil
½ cup vegetable or chicken broth (can also use water)
1 small onion finely chopped
2 cloves garlic finely chopped
½ cup raisins
½ tsp. turmeric
½ tsp. cinnamon
Sea salt to taste
1. Place cauliflower in a food processor until it resembles small rice grains.
2. Chop your almonds or gather your sliced almonds.
3. Heat a pan on med/low heat and gently toast your almonds.
4. When slightly browned, remove almonds from pan and set aside.
5. Reduce pan heat to low and add coconut oil.
6. Add finely chopped onion and garlic.
7. Increase to medium heat and stir frequently for 8-10 minutes.
8. Add turmeric, cinnamon & salt to the pan.
9. Cook for 2 minutes stirring frequently.
10. Add broth, raisins and cauliflower.
11. Combine well, cover, and simmer for 8-10 minutes stirring once or twice.
Option: Cauliflower rice can be prepared in many different ways. If you want a simpler option, sauté simply onion, garlic and salt with your cauliflower rice.
Hi there! The content and photos on this site are copyright protected. Please ask for written permission if you would like to use our photos and please provide a link back to the blog if you wish to share or alter the recipes in any way. Thank you!