25 Oct Plantains with Cinnamon
When I lived in Ecuador, the family I lived with frequently made fried plantains. I fell in love with their sweet and salty taste. I continue to love them and have made them a bit healthier by cooking them in coconut oil and adding cinnamon. Enjoy!
PLANTAINS WITH CINNAMON
PREP TIME: 5 minutes
COOKING TIME: 10-15 minutes
YIELD: 4 servings
2 ripe plantains
1-2 tbsp. coconut oil
1. Peel plantains and cut into ½ inch slices.
2. Heat up a frying pan on med/low and add coconut oil.
3. Place plantains down in a single layer.
4. Sprinkle with cinnamon and sea salt.
5. Let cook for 5 minutes and then flip to brown the other side.
6. Add another sprinkle of cinnamon and salt, remove from pan, and serve!
Hi there! The content and photos on this site are copyright protected. Please ask for written permission if you would like to use our photos and please provide a link back to the blog if you wish to share or alter the recipes in any way. Thank you!