04 Oct Raw Kale Salad with Jicama Root
I could eat a kale salad everyday, especially this one. You’ll easily get your rainbow of colors in with this salad. Enjoy!
RAW KALE SALAD WITH JICAMA ROOT
PREP TIME: 15 minutes
YIELD: 4 servings
1 bunch kale chopped
½ cup grated carrots
1 large tomato diced
1 jicama root sliced
½ cup toasted pepitas
1 raw spiralized beet
¼ cup olive oil
1 tbsp. fresh lemon or ½ lemon squeezed
½ tsp. sea salt
1. Take the kale leaves off the stems and chop, wash, and spin dry in a lettuce spinner.
2. Grate your carrots and set aside.
3. Dice your tomato and set aside.
4. Peel your jicama root and slice, set aside.
5. Heat a frying pan on med/low and toast your pepitas stirring frequently until lightly browned. When browned, remove from the pan and set aside.
6. Scrub your beet, chop off the ends and then spiralize it. To avoid super long strands of beet, chop it up after spiralizing it. Set beets aside.
7. Whisk together olive oil, lemon and sea salt into a large bowl.
8. Add chopped kale leaves and massage dressing into the leaves.
9. Place kale, carrots, tomatoes, pepitas, and beets onto plates and serve!
Hi there! The content and photos on this site are copyright protected. Please ask for written permission if you would like to use our photos and please provide a link back to the blog if you wish to share or alter the recipes in any way. Thank you!