20 Dec Zucchini Pesto Pasta with Portabella Mushrooms
This is the best alternative to pasta that I have ever had. The pesto and mushroom combination is delicious and completely satisfying. The kids will love it too.
ZUCCHINI PESTO PASTA WITH PORTABELLA MUSHROOMS
PREP TIME: 15 minutes
COOKING TIME: 16 minutes
YIELD: 4 servings
2 Spiralized zucchinis lightly sautéed
2 Sautéed portabella mushrooms
Pesto (*see pesto recipe)
1. Spiralize the zucchinis and set aside.
2. Take the stems off of the portabella mushrooms and lightly coat with olive oil and sea salt.
3. Heat a frying pan on low heat.
4. Add a drizzle of olive oil to the pan and place both mushrooms in. Increase the heat to medium.
5. Cook the mushrooms for 5 minutes on each side or until fully cooked.
6. Remove the mushrooms from the pan and let cool.
7. When mushrooms are cool, dice them up.
8. Heat your pan back up on med/low heat, add a drizzle of olive oil and the spiralized zucchinis.
9. Sauté zucchinis for 5 minutes stirring frequently.
10. Add the pesto and diced mushrooms to the noodles and combine thoroughly. Sautéing for another 1 minute.
Hi there! The content and photos on this site are copyright protected. Please ask for written permission if you would like to use our photos and please provide a link back to the blog if you wish to share or alter the recipes in any way. Thank you!